A new CDC


    [Report]: Ducks reach deal with Wisniewski, avoids arbitration

    Share
    avatar
    BuckyHermit
    Doucher

    Posts : 49
    Join date : 2009-07-10
    Age : 32
    Location : Richmond, BC

    [Report]: Ducks reach deal with Wisniewski, avoids arbitration

    Post by BuckyHermit on Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:39 am

    http://ducks.freedomblogging.com/2009/07/10/ducks-wisniewski-close/16135

    The Ducks are a few days away from wrapping up their off-season player acquisition activities, and they are expected to take a big step by re-signing James Wisniewski, who is a restricted free agent.

    Although it hasn’t been announced, the indications are that the Ducks are close to giving the talented defenseman a 1-year deal with a salary in the neighborhood of $2.5 million, which would hold off an arbitration hearing.

    Wisniewski came over at the trade deadline from Chicago and was a influential puck-mover and hitter during the Ducks’ playoff run.

    Ducks are 90% set for the season, if this is true. (The remaining 10% would be from rookies who might make the team, including former Vancouver Giants defenseman Brett Festerling, who has a high possibility IMHO.)
    avatar
    Des! Munda

    Posts : 11
    Join date : 2009-07-10
    Age : 31
    Location : Surrey

    Re: [Report]: Ducks reach deal with Wisniewski, avoids arbitration

    Post by Des! Munda on Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:53 pm

    Not a bad deal for the ducks.
    avatar
    -Dark-
    Doucher

    Posts : 49
    Join date : 2009-07-11
    Location : Unknown

    Re: [Report]: Ducks reach deal with Wisniewski, avoids arbitration

    Post by -Dark- on Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:01 pm

    Thats a good deal for the ducks. Wisniewski was great for them last year.
    avatar
    BuckyHermit
    Doucher

    Posts : 49
    Join date : 2009-07-10
    Age : 32
    Location : Richmond, BC

    Re: [Report]: Ducks reach deal with Wisniewski, avoids arbitration

    Post by BuckyHermit on Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:56 pm

    -Dark- wrote:Thats a good deal for the ducks. Wisniewski was great for them last year.

    I was as surprised as anyone. Those who know me in person would remember the uproar I was in when both Moen and Pahlsson were traded away at the deadline, but it looks like Wiz might be as good as Pahlsson one day (as a D instead of a forward, of course).

    Sponsored content

    Re: [Report]: Ducks reach deal with Wisniewski, avoids arbitration

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:33 am